Flight from Dallas to Houston - $0
Rental Car - $18.08
Tickets to Johnson Space Center (Mission Control) - $0
Random scrapbook store we found along the way - $11.30
Our total trip - Priceless
Chi works for THE airline of all airlines and today we took full advantage of that...we were able to park in a super secret part of the airport that only employees have access to (24 hr or less trips)...then breeze through a different part of security...head over to our gate and get on the plane to Houston. It took just under 1 hr to travel the 250 miles. If you have ever traveled on Southwest, the descent is the best part - their pilots have a sense of humor!
Chi got a sweet deal on a rental car, under $20! Thank you Alamo! We took off down I-45 to the Space Center. Along the way, we saw a scrapbook store that Chi promised we could come back to later...We hit the Space Center and walked right in with our free tickets Chi got from someone at work. It was Star Wars Appreciation Day...so Darth and his Storm Troopers were dodging all the little kids left and right.
Very cool inside, lots to see and do. We got to go over to Mission Control and see the Control Room. They are busy with space shuttle Atlantis...now scheduled to depart on Sunday due to sensor errors. Mom and Dad took me to Kennedy Space Center in FL when I was in 4th Grade, but I was so sick with the flu that I didn't get to enjoy any of it. This I was able to enjoy.
After leaving, we went to By Design Scrapbook Boutique, I went a little nuts:)
There were so many great pics from NASA...but I like this one the best...click here to see other pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment