Monday, April 13, 2009

I have no pants on

I asked Chi to title this post and this is the brilliant title he gave me, LMAO.

Sometimes life gets in the way of my hobbies...I
finally finished reading Midnight Sun, if you are a Twilight fan, you really want to check this out! Ah, just so good and breaks my heart that she won't finish it. These 264 pages sucked me right back into the series. Hmmm, I {pink sparkly heart} vampires:)

My cousin bought me Toy Monster for my birthday and I should be finishing that instead of writing about it...I grew up on Barbie and Mattel toys and this book is a little different than what I thought it would be, but holy cow! I think that anyone who buys toys for their kids or gifts for someone else's needs to really know this stuff! I'm not talking about how toys are overpriced and all that jazz...I'm talking about toys that are lethal and big companies that do nothing about it because they don't want their stock to drop!

I have a philosophy, if I want to see a movie that was based on a book, I should read the book first...because it's always better. I started reading He's Just Not That Into You and quit about chapter 3...I can't believe I forced myself to read that much of it! I have no idea how they possibly made a movie out of this book. I think my philosophy is wrong and I have to say it...book, I'm just not that into you. Movie, I hope you are better than the first 35 pages of this book!

I am excited for vacation this week, with some air-time and veg-time to read! My sister borrowed me sTori Telling and Mandy borrowed me The Host. Hopefully I can put a dent in both.

May brings Jen Lancaster back to Dallas and Pretty in Plaid!! Book is out May 5th and she will be here on May 11th! I had the pleasure of meeting her last year in Dallas and she is wicked cool!

Natalie just told me about A Little Bit Wicked and I really want to read this too! Kristin Chenoweth is the cutest ever...did you not know of my love of Pushing Daisies?

You don't even want to know what is sitting in my cart at Amazon.com...ok, maybe you do? :)
Belly Laughs - all of my friends are prego or with kids, plus Jenny is funny.
Herland - heard about this on NPR and sounds interesting!
The Hunger Games - someone recommended this...Krissa?
The Woman in White - one of my Sorority sisters recommended this.
The Bone Garden - one of my Sorority sisters recommended this.
I Was Told There'd Be Cake - Jen Lancaster told me to read this, and if she told me to jump off a cliff, I would.
Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea - Chelsea Handler and I were separated at birth.

Yeah for books!

No comments:

Post a Comment