Thursday, March 5, 2009

Lent Vent

Life is hard when your birthday falls on Ash Wednesday.
I am only on day 9 of Lent and my cravings have not subsided.
My gripe may be falling on deaf ears, but this is my blog and you choose to read it, so there! ...Ok, so where was I...day 9...
I gave up Starbucks last year too, I think...I really try to do something different each year, but my Starbucks habit was getting a little out of control! I used to pick it up on Fridays, as a "it's finally Friday" treat for myself...and then it turned to "Thursday is almost Friday, I need a treat!"...and quickly spiraled out of control from there.
Since Lent started, I have received 2 Starbucks gift cards in the mail! Only making it that much more desirable!
I really wonder if they pump their stores full of "happy gas" or lace the cups with crack. Nothing I make at home tastes nearly as good, nor does buying it somewhere else.

This June we are heading to Seattle to run in the Rock 'N' Roll Marathon and I can't wait to get out there! You know where I will be headed to!

1 comment:

  1. We can long for Starbucks together!! We both gave it up last year too. :)

    ReplyDelete