I flew to PHX for less than 24 hrs the first weekend in October. Chi had been there a few days visiting his brothers and wanted me to come out too. I got there Sat morning and left Sun morning. We had time to chat, shop, eat and drink. Sorry to my PHX friends for not seeing you, next time I promise to stay longer!!
I left for Bismarck the next Wed and spent a week with my family and friends. There is never enough time to see everyone I want, but I got to spend lots of time with my HS girlfriends and laughed my ass off as usual. I love you girls and miss you and you make me want to move home!
My nieces are the cutest little girls on the planet and I cannot believe how much they have changed since my last trip home. They have dance class on Wednesdays, Grace and Mia have so much energy, they were usually the blurry ones in any pictures I took. Hannah is so tall and skinny and wise beyond her years. Another day, we were at the mall, the girls having new pictures taken and one of my friends from college was dressed up as a Lightening Bug as a volunteer for her company. My nieces were sooo impressed that Auntie Susie knew the Lightening Bug!


Can you guess who she is?
...more Bismarck pictures here.
I became obsessed with the Twilight series on this trip too. I had a really really long lay-over in Denver and found a bookstore. Everyone has been talking about this book and I didn't want to have a repeat of Harry Potter...where I was years behind the curve (literally, I read 6 in a row and only had to wait a month for the 7th). Teen Lit is where it's at! I read this book in Denver, from Denver to Biz, from Biz to Denver and Denver to Dallas and finished. So freaking good! I made fun of my friend Mandy, who happens to be a Librarian, for reading this. She was just smarter than me I guess!
I became obsessed with the Twilight series on this trip too. I had a really really long lay-over in Denver and found a bookstore. Everyone has been talking about this book and I didn't want to have a repeat of Harry Potter...where I was years behind the curve (literally, I read 6 in a row and only had to wait a month for the 7th). Teen Lit is where it's at! I read this book in Denver, from Denver to Biz, from Biz to Denver and Denver to Dallas and finished. So freaking good! I made fun of my friend Mandy, who happens to be a Librarian, for reading this. She was just smarter than me I guess!
When I got back, Chi and I took a day and drove to out Canton, TX. We went to a pumpkin patch (the lamest one ever), although we managed to score to some big old pumpkins, so that made me happy:) My friends were there too, so we met them for an afternoon of wine at the Savannah Winery & Bistro. So yummy!! We are going to have to go back, Canton's claim to fame is giant Flea Market called First Monday.
Susie {squared} and more pics here
Chi's sister Jo had a baby boy, Malcolm James, and he is just a tiny little peach:)
Chi's sister Jo had a baby boy, Malcolm James, and he is just a tiny little peach:)
My friend Steph from HS, hosted a fang-tastic Halloween party at her new place (Wow, love your house!). I was going to save money this year and come up with something simple and inexpensive. We went to the Halloween store at the last minute...I saw a wig that I wanted for $12 and left, $80 later... I have a giant Rubbermaid tub of Halloween stuff! I need to recycle these or sell them or something...any takers?
Lots of Halloween pics here.
My darling Hannah had her 7th birthday in November! She is the smartest 7 yr old (going on 17) ever. I swear she is so much more grown up than my sister or I ever were at 7 years old!
This past weekend, we headed down to San Antonio. We were there almost 2 years ago for new years, so it was fun to go back. On Sat, we checked out the Runners Expo, had lunch on the Riverwalk, went to Sea World and back to the Riverwalk.

Lots and lots of pics here and pics from 2006 trip



No comments:
Post a Comment